This is a weekly announcement regarding opportunities to support our communities as we navigate the disruptions of the coronavirus.
AdvancED now shares COVID-19 Resources on our website so that as a community, we can access:
- Mer's Events calendar with events like Mer's new Dance & Release parties
- Mer's blog articles like "Financial Literacy is the Pathway to Financial Aid"
- California resources with regional outlooks, and specific resources for Santa Clara County and San Jose
- Good news like Supervisor Cindy Chavez' update regarding the new shelter-in-place order as of May 4
- advocacy opportunities including a survey on the Impact of COVID-19 and Civic Unrest on AAPIs, the 2020 Filipino Policy Platform, and support for Ethnic Studies Now at Pittsburg Union School District
- financial resources like Code for America's free tax filing tool GetYourRefund.org
- health and wellness resources like San Jose's new Virtual Recreation Center
- resources for K-12 and postsecondary educators like #BlackInCollegeAdmission hashtag and Instagram posts to amplify Black foices
- resources for employees such as job openings thanks to firms like Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Union Square Ventures, Work2Future, Candor, and Silicon Valley Strong
- resources for nonprofits like the COVID-19 Response Fund opportunities shared by GrantStation and resources shared by The Bridgespan Group
- resources for families like the Baby Formula, Diapers, and Wipes and the State of California's Disaster Relief for Immigrants Program (DRAI)
- resources for small businesses such as financial relief resources for artists
- resources for high school and college students such as AdvancED's College & Career Resource Guide for Santa Clara County students and the New York Times call to publish your college essay
- free and low-cost apps like FormAssembly and the latest products and news from TechSoup for 2020
Have resources to suggest? Send them to AdvancED Consulting, LLC!